GoPro Hero 10 Black Edition
Today, GoPro introduced their new flagship camera, the GoPro HERO 10 Black Edition, which features the new high-performance GP2 processor. GP2 delivers breakthrough image quality and blistering video frame rates that enable GoPro HERO 10 Black Edition to capture life-like 5.3K video at 60 frames per second, 4K video at 120 frames per second and 2.7K video at an incredible 240 frames per second. The new processor also enables HyperSmooth 4.0 video stabilization, setting a new bar once again and all but ensuring GoPro HERO 10 Black Edition captures the smoothest shake-free video you’ve ever seen from any camera, regardless of price.
GoPro HERO 10 Black Edition boasts higher resolution 23 megapixel photos, improved low-light performance and a significantly snappier user interface—all thanks to the increased performance of the camera’s new GP2 processor.
HERO 10 is also cloud connected—when plugged in to charge, the camera will automatically upload recently captured footage to your GoPro cloud account. This feature, along with unlimited cloud backup of your GoPro footage at original quality, is available for GoPro subscribers for $4.99 a month or $49.99 a year.
GoPro HERO 10 Black Edition is available at GoPro.com for $399.98 with an included one-year GoPro Subscription or $499.99 MSRP without a subscription.
Existing GoPro subscribers can purchase a value-added GoPro HERO 10 Black Edition + Accessory Bundle at subscriber-exclusive $399.99 pricing on GoPro.com, representing subscriber savings of $150. The accessory bundle includes an extension grip with tripod, a magnetic clip mount, a spare battery plus a 32GB SD card.
“HERO 10 Black is one of the most impressive cameras in the world, regardless of price,” said Nicholas Woodman, GoPro founder and CEO.
Plastic-Free Packaging with Reusable Case
Another cool addition is plastic-free packaging for all GoPro products. GoPro HERO 10 Black Edition’s packaging isn’t even packaging per se, rather it’s a high-quality, durable travel case that’s designed to fit additional GoPro mounts and accessories.
GoPro HERO 10 Black Edition Feature Rundown:
- All-New GP2 Processor
- Video: 5.3K60, 4K120, 2.7K240
- Video Stills: Up to 19.6 megapixels
- Photos: 23 megapixels
- Improved Low Light Performance
- Local Tone Mapping (LTM) and 3D Noise Reduction (3DNR)
- Next-Gen HyperSmooth 4.0 Video Stabilization
- Increased 45° Horizon Leveling Tilt Limit in 4K60, 2.7K120 and 1080p120 Video
- Front Color Display with Higher Frame Rates for Smoother Live Preview of Your Shots
- Faster, More Responsive Rear Touch Display with Touch Zoom
- Faster Content Transfer
- 3 Ways to Transfer Content: Cloud Upload, Wireless Offload and New Wired Transfer to Your Phone
- New Protective Lens Cover with Hydrophobic, Water-Shedding Design
- Removable, Rechargeable 1720mAh Battery
- TimeWarp 3.0 featuring Real Speed and Half Speed
- 1080p Livestream featuring HyperSmooth 4.0. Video Stabilization
- 1080p Webcam Mode
- Power Tools: HindSight, LiveBurst, Scheduled Capture and Duration Capture
- SuperPhoto + HDR
- Night Lapse Video
- RAW Photos
- Digital Lenses Providing Ultra-Wide (SuperView), Wide, Linear and Narrow Perspectives
- Voice Control with 13 commands in 11 languages + 6 accents
- 3 Microphones with Advanced Wind-Noise Reduction
- Stereo + RAW Audio
- Custom Presets + On-Screen Shortcuts
- Built-in Folding Mounting Fingers for Attaching the Camera to GoPro Mounts
- Rugged + Waterproof to 33ft (10m)
- Fast-Charging Compatible
- Compatible with Media Mod, Display Mod, Light Mod and Max Lens Mod (support coming in post-launch firmware update)
With this kind of feature set, we suddenly feel the need to add GoPro to the growing list of gear we use in the field.